Brandon, Florida Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance covers a variety of vehicles and is also referred to as commercial car insurance, truck insurance, or fleet insurance. Coverages may include insuring your vehicles for physical damage and liability coverages for amounts, situations, and usage not covered by a personal auto policy. Our agents at Odiorne Insurance Agency will help you find the commercial auto coverage you desire for your business.
Why do you need Florida Commercial Auto Insurance? – A commercial policy is needed if an auto is used in tasks related to the operator’s occupation, profession or business, other than commuting.
- You may need a commercial auto insurance policy if you are using your auto to carry goods or people for a fee, or if you use your auto to conduct a service.
- You may need higher limits of liability because of the nature of your work.
- Hauling a considerable weight in tools or equipment or towing a trailer used to conduct your business may require a commercial auto insurance policy.
- A commercial insurance policy may be needed if employees operate the auto or if ownership is in the name of a corporation or partnership.
What does Commercial Auto Insurance cover? – Generally, commercial auto insurance provides similar coverages such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments (or personal injury protection) and uninsured motorists coverage to Florida businesses. However, there are also differences between a commercial auto insurance policy and your personal auto policy that may include eligibility, definitions, coverages, exclusions, and limits.
Most Commercial auto policies are “named driver only” policies, which means only specific drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered auto.
What are the coverages?
- Bodily injury liability coverage – may pay for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense.
- Property damage liability coverage – may offer you protection if your car accidentally damages another persons property. It may also provide you with a legal defense.
- Combined single limit (CSL) – Liability policies typically offer separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. A combined single limits policy has the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence whether bodily injury or property damage, one person or several.
- Medical payments, no-fault or Personal Injury Coverage – usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – Generally pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – may pay for damage to or replacement of your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
- Collision coverage – may pay for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.
Providing Commercial Auto Insurance in Brandon, Florida
With so many different options for your commercial auto insurance policy, contact one of the agents at Odiorne Insurance Agency for your Brandon, Florida, commercial auto insurance needs.
Get Your Commercial Vehicle Insurance Quote Click The Button Below to Start Now
Speak with a licensed agent for additional information regarding these coverages or refer to your actual policy for specific coverages and limits. It’s important to learn what your policy coverages include and how different limits could potentially negatively effect your business risk and liabilities.
The information offered throughout our website is not legal advice or a substitute for consultative insurance purposes, it is for illustration and informational purposes only. For additional information regarding your specific insurance needs, please call and speak with one of our licensed insurance agents today. Our agents are ready to assist you in navigating your insurance options.